In view of the Coronavirus pandemic, and with the safety of our clients and staff top of mind, the Ecas board made the difficult decision to suspend activities, including the grants fund, until further notice.
We are continuing to monitor the situation and will let you know when our activities and services resume.
Our offices remain closed with staff working remotely. To reach us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07500 221618. Messages left on our landline answerphone unfortunately will not be picked up.
- All activity groups are suspended until further notice.
- We are now accepting volunteer applications for temporary distance befriending, as well as applications for traditional face-to-face befriending for when social distancing is no longer required. Read more information.
- We are also accepting referrals and self-referrals for temporary distance befriending during the Covid-19 pandemic. Read more information. Standard referrals for face-to-face befriending are regrettably not being accepted at this time.
- Matches are being supported to continue by telephone or video calling where possible. As lockdown eases, socially distanced meetings are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- New funding applications are currently suspended.
- Referrals will continue to be accepted.
Please avoid exposure to the virus and follow the advice of trusted sources:
- NHS Inform: for information on coronavirus symptoms, stay at home advice, and information for health and care professionals.
- UK: COVID-19 guidance on home care provision, for those who support and deliver care to people in their own homes.