Interested in befriending opportunities?
We are looking for volunteer befrienders who will develop a friendly social relationship with their match, a physically disabled adult living in Edinburgh.
Current befriending opportunities
Here are some people currently looking for a befriender.
A blether and charity shop rummage
- Would like a chat over tea, perhaps pop out with the dog
- She likes a chat once she gets going and enjoys women’s magazines and charity shops
- She loves music and has a wide and surprising range of tastes
- Based in Drylaw in north west Edinburgh
Social time to build confidence
- She is looking to meet someone new, have a laugh and build up her confidence
- A social person, she has loved her jobs in retail and hairdressing and has struggled with isolation
- She likes TV and film, particularly medical programmes and horror, likes taking the time to be mindful with some colouring
- Looking to have a chat and gain a new perspective on things
- She is vivacious, likes a blether, and would like to learn about culture, play a board game or perhaps get out
- She is well travelled, has a professional background in youth work and loves music and comedy