There are some things that money can buy and which can make a big difference to quality of life.
Ecas gives out grants to help meet the costs of items or services which you can’t get through welfare benefits and other sources. For example, we’ve helped people buy furniture, white goods and electronic goods; pay for a holiday; meet student fees; and more.
How much we award
- Standard grants of up to £750 (successful applicants must wait for at least two years before reapplying).
- Mid-level grants of up to £1,000 (successful applicants must wait for at least three years before reapplying).
- Higher grants of up to £1,500 (successful applicants must wait for at least four years before reapplying).
- The maximum holiday grant awarded is £1,000.
- We consider grants above £1,500 on an exceptional basis.
What grants are for
Grants can be for anything not covered by statutory sources (government, council, NHS). There are some other things that we don’t give money for. The application form explains what these are.
How long it takes to get a grant
We process applications when we receive them. We aim to let people know what we’ve decided within about eight weeks.
Contact us for more information about the Ecas grant fund and how to apply.
Thanks to the Ecas grant we were able to source and pay for VR (virtual reality) equipment for my son Keir to use daily at home. After first using the headset at the Sick Kids Friends Foundation it was amazing to see how it helped him to get exercise. By exercising while seated, the severe pain that his condition creates is greatly eased. It has been a fantastic resource and helped him so much. We are so thankful and every single day we are seeing the results.
The Wallace family
Thank you Ecas for supporting us to go on a holiday. The cottage has been great – wheelchair accessible with amazing views around.
The Dukan family
Eilidh loves her trike. Being out and about together with the rest of the family on theirs has made a huge difference and is fantastic exercise for her.
The Anderson family