We are delighted to launch our Annual Report which provides a fantastic opportunity to share the things Ecas has been up to from 2021 to 2022!
One of the large focuses of this Annual Report was the return to in-person activities from August 2022, something we are pleased to announce has been a success. This decision was taken following consultation with the board, staff, and most critically our service-users, which revealed that the majority were excited to return with a small number who preferred to continue online able to do so via the incorporation of a blended approach!
Our befriending service continues to make waves and has undergone a transition back towards in-person befriending. This has been a considered process which will continue into the next year. During the last year Ecas was successful in securing ‘covid recovery’ funding from the Scottish Government’s ‘Befriending Fund’ and an updated volunteer training has us well positioned for a great coming year.
Some key points from our 2021-2022 Annual Report:
- Return to in-person service provision commenced in August 2022 with blended approach available.
- One of our service users from craft had his project where he drew a new piece of artwork every day through lockdown exhibited at Ocean Terminal.
- Ann McDonald and Elaine Boyd have retired from the F&PC and Board respectively, having both given substantial effort towards the charity!
- We have approved 22 applications to our grants fund and have awarded £43,689 to applicants as well as updating our grants fund criteria to enable the funding of power packs retrofitted to manual wheelchairs.
- Our digital Ecas services relaunch flyer was created and disseminated across a range of potential referrers.
Following the return to in person and changes to the health and lives of people who did attend our activities prior to the Covid pandemic, we have space across many of our activity groups. Computing, Yoga, Art, as well as Reading and Creative Writing all have availability that we are seeking to fill. All of our activities are ran by fully trained group leaders who know their subject.
Our annual report is a great opportunity to share updates and developments from Ecas, and as such it’s a great way for people to get to know what we offer. We’d be extremely grateful if you would consider sharing our annual report across social media platforms, and by passing copies of it on to people who might be interested in what we have to offer! Feel free to pick up a hard copy report from the office or ask us to send a copy out in the post.
For more information or to apply for any of our services, visit ecas.scot, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07500 221 618. Ecas staff are available to provide an overview of Ecas services at team meetings for potential referral agencies, including the NHS.